Arden: Hey everyone! Today's prompt in the 33 Day Challenge is to follow someone else's tutorial. I chose to create these cute ladybug nails, following a tutorial from the blog Swatch and Learn.
And since I haven't done one of these in a while, I decided to create my own step by step tutorial as well!
I started by painting my nails with a base coat, then two coats of Julep Jackie (aka the best red polish ever).
As you can tell in the photo, I didn't get full coverage from two coats, but knew I was about to paint the tips black so I figured it would be fine.
1. Paint a black line with a striper brush to help mark the face of the ladybug.
2. Fill in the tip with a black polish (I used Sally Hansen Black Out).
3. Paint another black line down the center of your nail.
4. Add black dots on either side of the line using a dotting tool.
5. Add white dots at the tip using a dotting tool.
6. Add small black dots on top of the white to finish the eyes. (This wasn't in the original tutorial, I just thought it would make the eyes cuter.)
Here's the finished product:
I love these little guys! They're so cute! And for a 100% freehanded design, these were pretty quick and easy! Definitely a good manicure design for a beginner to try.
Let me know how you like them, and check out everyone else's entry in the 33DC today below.