Tuesday, May 7, 2013

As Seen on Pinterest: Glitter Sandwich


Arden here: Oh my goodness, I had wanted to do a manicure like this for MONTHS and I'm so glad I finally was able to!  I spotted this manicure on A Girl and Her Polish a while back, and instantly pinned it to my Pinterest board because I wanted to try it some time.

From http://www.agirlandherpolish.com/2013/01/new-31-day-challenge-day-26-inspired-by.html
Doesn't that look so cool?  I hadn't been able to try it earlier because I didn't have a good sheer polish to use as the "bread" in my "glitter sandwich," but I finally scored one and was so excited to try it out!

I started out with a coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu then I added a coat of Lush Lacquer's Clowning Around.  (For more swatches of Clowning Around, see our Lush Lacquer post.)  To complete the sandwich, I added another coat of Don't Touch My Tutu.


Then, to finish off the look, I added a bunch of brightly colored dots like confetti at the tips.  Initially I was only going to do a few colors, but then I got really excited about it and used a bunch of different ones to match all the colors of glitter in Clowning Around.



Colors Used:
Essie Fear or Desire
OPI Did It On 'Em
Sinful Colors Boom Boom
Sinful Colors Dream On
Maybelline Color Show Shocking Seas


I'm so sorry that I only have pictures of this manicure in its finished form; I was doing it very late last Saturday night because I had to preach in church the next day and I really wanted my nails to look nice.


And nice they did look!  I loved this manicure-- it was bright and fun and happy, and gave me the confidence I needed to get up in front of the church and preach!

I also really like the look of the glitter sandwich-- I'll have to try it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment