Thursday, September 12, 2013

Slow Swatching: A England - She Walks in Beauty


Hey y'all it's Lisl!  Today I'm starting a new feature I dreamed up when I got a lot of new nail polish for my birthday.  It's called slow swatching, and it's where I swatch a single color at a time and dream up a little bit of nail art to go with it!  

Today I'm showing you A England's She Walks in Beauty, which is one of the three excellent polishes Arden got me for my birthday!  My ultimate goal for this swatch was to do a manicure inspired by one of my favorite places in the world, the Metolius River in Oregon, where my family and I have gone camping every year since I was but a babe.

I started off with a coat of OPI On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which is, well, gorgeous.




Seriously, isn't that amazeballs?  It only gets better.  One of my favorite parts of camping at the Metolius is the night sky.  There are stars on stars on stars and the whole sky is lit up and you can see the forest silhouetted against it.  It's great.  So I needed some stars.  That is where She Walks in Beauty comes in.


It went on a little heavier than I expected, but man is it gorgeous.  So much depth, plus the big chunky glitters mixed in?  The best!  I think it would look great as a glitter gradient!


Guhh. So sparkly. So many colors of sparkle. Just the best.   So once I was done starlighting my nails, I had to add the trees in.  I used my Mash nail art brush set, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out, to paint on the trees.


So, for sure the trees came out a little messier than I expected, but I kind of like the hand painted effect! It adds a little character right?  And it's not like trees have perfect lines.


Having a little bit of black against the sparkle background definitely made it look more starry-night-y.  The pink glitters are like massive moons!  I mean, I know we only have one moon.  But maybe these nails are from a different planet with circa 20 million moons.


By the way, I probably should tell you that the application of She Walks in Beauty, was absolutely dreamy and I used one coat (one!) in this manicure. Seriously, how dense is that glitter! I bet if you really wanted to you could wear it on your own.


I am definitely excited to try more A England polishes. Do y'all have any that you absolutely love? Let us know in the comments!












No comments:

Post a Comment