Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Nails Were in Athens!


Hey friends! I'm in the Houston airport on my way back to the Bay Area (finally!) after a wonderful trip to Greece and then New Orleans.  Up top is a shot from my nails' final afternoon in Rhodes, in front of the ruins of a temple to Aphrodite!  The Incoco nail appliqués are still holding up pretty well here. (In fact now, more than a week after initial application they are doing pretty good though my nails have grown out quite a bit).


After Rhodes my nails and I took a 16 hour (!!!) ferry to Athens where we saw so many old things! The Acropolis, so many temples to Athena, the ancient Agora.  Here are my nails in front of the Parthenon, which is currently under restoration (if you can't tell from the scaffolding and crane).  If you are wondering how weird I looked taking pictures of my fingernails in front of great wonders of the world, the answer is "a lot weird".  Anyway, it was an amazing trip!  I haven't even mentioned the new friends and amazing food, but those things happened too.  Now, I am very much looking forward to snuggling into my own bed and then waking up and getting back to work (on my nails as well as my science)!



No comments:

Post a Comment