Friday, July 19, 2013

Ocean Gradient Nails


Arden here!  Today's manicure is in honor of the summer.  My family isn't going to the beach together until October, but I found myself thinking about the beach the other day and decided to try out some ocean gradient nails. 

I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Barracuda (as you can tell from the sticker on it in one of the pictures below, I snapped up this polish when it was recently clearanced at Target).  I then sponged on a 3-color gradient using Barracuda, Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam (guess that one must've been part of some Kardashian collection), and a navy blue from the 3 piece Trendsetter Chic set by Physician's Formula Endless Color (unfortunately each individual polish in this set doesn't have its own name).


I finished by dabbing on some NYC Starry Silver Glitter on the two darker colors (leaving the lighter tips without glitter) and adding a top coat.



The only thing I wish I could change about these nails is the fact that in all of these pictures, they look upside down!  The light tip should represent the top of the water.  On my hands they looked right, it's just in the pictures that they're upside down.  To give you an idea of what they really looked like, here's one of the pictures flipped 180 degrees:


This was a fun and quick manicure to do--- in all honesty, what took me the longest was deciding which colors I wanted to use!  Has anyone else been longing for the seashore recently?  Are you gonna try out an ocean design on your nails?  Let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment