Friday, July 26, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge: July Day 2 or 3 or Something



Sup, it's Lisl. Ok, so this is our third manicure for the Tri-Polish Challenge this month!  Since I missed the first few, we'll only do three this month and next both I will be back in action like crazy. 

So this month I chose these three polishes:
Zoya - Liberty
Color Club - London Calling
Nicole by OPI - Khloe had a Little Lam Lam

I wanted to keep playing around with texture, so I thought I'd try to do a "glitter gradient" but with a texture polish instead.  It should be noted that I have never done a successful glitter gradient, and that may have influenced my ability to pull off this manicure.


 Still, I think it looked kind of cool, right?  I mean, it looks a little crazy and messy when you get close up, but from far away it was really fun.



So for the background, I alternated between bases and dots of London Calling and Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam.  I was having trouble getting my dotting tool to be consistent between nails, but let's pretend I did different sized dots because I thought it would be interesting.


For the tips, I painted Liberty onto a make-up sponge and dabbed it on the tips, gradient style.  To get more of a gradient effect when it was partially dry, I used a clean part of the sponge to "drag" some polish back towards the base.


As always, everyone else in the challenge came up with really cool designs.  You should check them out here!



2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Someday I will become an expert gradient-er and retry it, see if I can get a smoother effect!

      Delete