Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Green Splatter Paint Nails


Arden: Hey everyone!  One of my favorite manicures I've had so far is definitely the multicolor splatter paint nails I did a couple months ago.  I was yearning to do something fun (and a little messy), so I decided to try out a monochrome splatter paint design.  I think I might own more green nail polishes than any other color (what a random choice, right?) so I decided to go for green!

I started by painting my nails with two coats of Essie Absolutely Shore.  Then I started splattering on colors!  You can see my earlier tutorial to get a feel for how I did it.  (Though I recently saw online a different method that might be less messy, so I will probably be trying out an alternative way to do splatter paint nails soon!).  The first color I added was Zoya Wednesday.  I dipped a small straw in the bottle, and then blew through the straw to splatter the paint on my nails.


Next up was Julep Korin!


Third was Essie Mint Candy Apple.


I repeated the process (without taking pictures, apparently) with both Sinful Colors Rise and Shine and Essie Navigate Her (this one was a mistake-- it looked too yellow/tan [aka: like puke] compared to the rest of the greens, and I ended up using a couple of the colors again to cover most of it up).  My nails with all the colors on looked like this:


Can we take a minute to recognize how messy this process is?  I had nail polish allllll over my fingers, which then meant it ended up on my face, on my camera, and even on the light switch in my bathroom.  Sooooo messy, but so fun!

Here's the final product once I added a coat of Essie Good to Go and cleaned up my fingers using acetone:


I had the problem again with some small bubbles showing up because the splatter technique dropped huge globs of polish on my fingers.  I'm not sure how to avoid this-- has anyone tried it and know a good technique?  I don't think the bubbles necessarily look bad, but I would like to create some splatter paint nails without them once.



What do you think? Do you like the splatter paint look?  What colors should I try splatter painting next?  Let me know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. These look so cool and I love all the different greens! I've never been able to successfully do a splatter manicure, but I think I might try again soon! Great work (:

    ReplyDelete