Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Julep Maven August "It Girl Box"-- Flower Nails



Arden: Hey everyone!  This month, I chose to get the "It Girl" box for my Julep Maven subscription.  It included the colors Fiore (chocolate brown), Nellie (deep magenta), and Marjorie (shimmery orange).  Since Julep's theme of the month was "Garden Party" I decided to make little flowers on my nails using these colors!

I started with two coats of Julep Fiore.  (Why do brown polishes always photograph so dark?  So frustrating.)


Then I used a dotting tool to make orange center dots on all of my nails using Marjorie, and followed that up by making six smaller pink dots (in Nellie) around each orange dot to create little flowers!





These weren't my most favorite manicure of all time, but they were pretty cute.  It was hard using all three colors together-- maybe that should be my challenge every month when my Julep box comes!

For more information on the Julep Maven monthly box program, see my post here.  If you want to sign up yourself, click here.  (Apparently you can use the code "FREEBOX" and get your first box for only the cost of shipping.  Wish I'd known about that!)


What do you think?  Did the flower pattern work, or would these colors be better suited for a fall manicure?  Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment