Monday, June 3, 2013

Reader Request: Nails with Dots & Dashes



Arden here: This manicure was suggested by one of the high schoolers in my youth group (you know who you are!).  The inspiration came from this manicure on Little Nails.  (I only recently discovered this blog, but I really love her nail art!) 

from http://little-nails.blogspot.com/2012/11/day-15-delicate-print.html
I started by painting my nails with two coats of Zoya Neely.  (This is our newest light green-- isn't it beautiful?)




 I then made a bunch of dashed lines using Sinful Colors' Rise and Shine.  I tried making the dashes using a toothpick, but it was kind of hard to maneuver, so I switched to a dotting tool.  But I imagine some kind of small brush would work best!


I then went back and added blue dots between each dash using the dotting tool and Essie Butler, Please.



The whole time I was making these I thought of them as Morse code nails-- dashes and dots!  I'm sure we'll be trying out other reader requests soon, so if you see something you'd like us to try, let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment