Thursday, March 28, 2013

As Seen on Pinterest: Decorative Squares


Ok, so this idea is kind of pseudo-seen on Pinterest.  I was initially going to try out this design that I'd pinned a few months ago:
from coewlesspolish.wordpress.com
But then, I clicked on the pin, and noticed this design in the header of the Coewless Polish blog, and decided I just had to try it out instead!

from http://coewlesspolish.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/notd-retro-squares-feat-fnug-neglelakker/
I started by painting my nails with two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  (As you can tell, this is my new go-to white polish.  I've been disappointed with Essie's Blanco for quite some time and just picked up My Boyfriend Scales Walls at 40% off.  So far, I've found it to be much more durable than the Essie!)




I then taped them off in pattern using striping tape:





And then I painted each section!




Colors Used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Essie Ole Caliente
Sinful Colors Boom Boom
Maybelline Color Show Impeccable Greys 




As you can tell, I had a lot of trouble with the polish bleeding onto the white base color when I applied my top coat.  I'm not sure how to avoid that-- if anyone has any tips, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment