Thursday, March 14, 2013

As Seen on Pinterest: Reverse Dot Manicure


Welcome to the first post in our recurring feature: "As Seen on Pinterest!"  Today, I've got a nail art design that I've been admiring on Pinterest for quite some time.

This design was originally blogged by Emerald Sparkled.  Here's her picture, that I stumbled upon on Pinterest:
from http://www.emeraldsparkled.com/2010/10/notd-bubblegum.html

I don't own that many pink polishes (for some reason, pink nail polish just never seems like it looks good on my nails), so I decided to do mine in shades of orange!




It kinda reminded me of Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash--- what do you think?  Or maybe the surface of the sun?




Colors used:
Essie E-nuf is E-nuf
Essie Ole Caliente
Sinful Colors Big Daddy
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet
Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Coral Silk

I really liked this design. I'm a big fan of dotted nail art in general, and I loved how this design made me feel like I have super long nails!  It also was NOT difficult at all.

How to:  Paint your nails white (or whatever base color you want).  Pick out 4-5 bottles of nail polish in shades of the same color, then dot them on your nails.  Add a top coat.  Sit back and admire your beautiful nail art!




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have one dotting tool (am hoping to get more soon). It was actually originally supposed to be used to crease paper for scrapbooking, but it looks exactly like the ones made for nail art (like this: http://www.bornprettystore.com/2way-dotting-marbleizing-tool-nail-paint-p-515.html)

      When I need to make smaller dots, I've actually found a wall nail to work great! The tapered end works a lot better than things like paper clips at making good dots.

      Delete