Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Nailene Perfect Tip Stickers, Part 2


As promised, I'm back with pictures of how the Nailene Perfect Tip stickers work when you're using them to do a traditional French tip manicure.

If you missed part 1, check it out here.

I started by applying the stickers to clean, bare nails, then painted two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to the tips.  When I removed the stickers, here's what I was left with:


Not exactly what I was hoping for.  There was some messiness around the edges of the nails, plus a fair amount of polish seems to have bled under the stickers.  (Obviously a lot of polish also got on the skin around my nails, but that was wholly my fault, and the fact that I'm pretty messy.)

I then used a small brush dipped in acetone to clean up all the edges.  That resulted in:




Those are some pretty good looking French tips, right?  I then added 3 coats of Rimmel French Rose on top.  (I have no idea if they even still make this polish.  It's been in my stash for a long time.)







Usually when I do French tips I paint my nails white, then use a brush and acetone to tidy them up.  Basically, exactly what I did with these stickers.  So while they served as nice guides for applying the polish, they didn't really save me a whole lot of time.

I love my finished product, but I'm not entirely sure the Nailene stickers helped me achieve something I couldn't have done myself.  But, if you're really bad at free-handing tips and/or cleaning them up with acetone, then they might work for you.  If you try them, let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment