Friday, March 15, 2013

Nail Polish Swatches: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Commander in Chic


Ok y'all, here it is: first post ever, first swatch ever.

So I bought this Sally Hansen a long time ago in a two-for-one deal at Walgreens - as Arden said, we cannot resist a nail polish sale - along with a polish I call "Sally Hansen: the Perfect 49ers Red." It languished on my nail polish shelf at work (story for another time: why I keep all my nail polish at work) for a long time because I bought it just as the weather was turning spring-ish and all I wanted to wear was bright colors and sparklies.

Then, fortunately/really-not-so-fortunately, it started to rain and I really needed something that said "precipitation-sophistication."

And here it is:




I loved it.  I'm a huge fan of Sally Hansen, they're not always that exciting but I think they have excellent basics, wonderful formulas, and they're not expensive at all.  

Commander in Chic applied beautifully and was opaque in two coats (I'm showing three, just to be safe).  It's a little more purple-y in sunlight than it comes across here, but not, like, PURPLE-purple.  I don't have a ton of neutrals, but this one will definitely be a staple.


Word of warning: I was incredibly nervous to be swatching and taking pictures of my nails, and my hands were shaking like crazy.  This is my second manicure try - usually I'm not such a disaster.  I mean, I'm a little bit of a disaster.

So there it is. I did it. I DID IT! My first swatch. Until next time, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment