Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crumpet's Nail Tarts: April Tri-Polish Challenge Day 1



Hey everyone! I'm so excited to share my first "challenge" nail art with y'all.  The Tri-Polish challenge is hosted by Crumpet's Nail Tarts and it goes a little something like this: every month there are three official colors chosen, you pick three corresponding polishes and create four manicures using those polishes.  This month the colors are pink, orange and turquoise and I am using China Glaze Make an Entrance, Essie Fear or Desire, and L'Oreal Not A Cloud In Sight.



For my first manicure I did a "sunset" sort of thing.


I started with a base of the China Glaze Make an Entrance.


Then, used scotch tape for turquoise tips.  This represents the "ocean."


I added a "sun" using a hole-punch reinforcement sticker (is there a simpler name for these things?) + more scotch tape as depicted in the picture, below.


Unfortunately, I did not wait enough time in between coats and and the tape kind of left impressions on my nails.  Major bummer. Sadface. :(  Final touches, some rays of sunshine painted on with a toothpick.




Lots of other people did Tri-Polish Challenge manicures. Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment