Friday, April 19, 2013

One of My Favorite Things: TOMS Outreach Women's Shoes


Today's nails are inspired by one of my new favorite possessions: my TOMS Outreach Classics that benefit the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project.  To give you an idea of just how much I love these shoes, let me tell you the story of how I ended up ordering them three different times.

A History of My Pretty Sun TOMS, as Told Through Twitter & Instagram:










Luckily, this story has a happy ending-- my sweet boyfriend ordered me yet ANOTHER pair of these shoes for our anniversary.  (Aside: Lisl & I might eventually have to create another blog where we post pictures of all the clothes we've ruined due to nail polish spills.)

To further demonstrate my love for these shoes, I painted my nails to look like them!


These TOMS have a slightly different texture than their other classics-- it's almost like canvas.  To try to recreate that look, I first painted my nails with L'Oreal Creme Puffs and then sponged Essie Fear or Desire on top.  Ultimately, you couldn't really see the sponging texture, so it probably would've been better to just start with them painted orange.  It might've come across better if I had a matte top coat--oh well!  I created the sunshine design using toothpicks.


Colors used to make the design (from inside to outside):
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Snappy Sorbet (sadly, this didn't show up well over the Essie orange base)
Sally Hansen Insta-dry Lightning
L'Oreal Creme Puffs 



I really love these nails!  They are bright and happy and remind me of my new favorite shoes!  (Which I will endeavor NOT to destroy!)

UPDATE:
Just thought everyone should see my most recent Twitter activity about these shoes (including what Charlize Theron thinks of my nails)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment