Monday, April 1, 2013

Springtime Gradient Nails


Arden here: Friends, I have a confession.  I ultimately ended up doing two Easter manicures.  After I painted on my cute Easter egg mani, I ended up destroying one of the nails in the shower!  It was slightly devastating.

For my second attempt, I went slightly less specifically Easter, so I could wear it for a few days after Easter.  (I don't know about you, but one of my least favorite things about a holiday-themed manicure is waking up the day after and being like, "UGH, my nails are so out of date now!")  I ended up deciding on a sparkly pastel gradient skittle manicure!  (That was a lot of adjectives all together!)




I started by painting each of my nails a different pastel color:
L'Oreal Creme Puffs
L'Oreal Royalty Reinvented
Revlon Minted
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Pink Blink
Revlon Dreamer


Then I put the lighter shade and a darker shade of the same color on a makeup sponge, and sponged them both on top of the lighter color.  (It's really important to paint the nails the lighter color first.  If you try to sponge on a naked nail, the colors are really muted and not opaque enough.)

Darker colors used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Lightening
Zoya Mira
Zoya Wednesday (I promise it's green!)
Cover Girl Boundless Color Fuschia Girl (I'm almost positive they don't make this anymore, I've had it for years and years)
Essie Butler Please


All of the gradients looked beautiful, but I felt like they needed an extra pop for Easter, so I topped them all with Revlon Snow Flurries


I LOVE how these turned out!  Let me know what you think!  I'm planning on doing a full-on tutorial for gradient nails soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment