Saturday, April 13, 2013

I Can't Afford That: Kate Spade Saturday Tree Paints

I Can't Afford That: Manicures Inspired by Clothes I Can't Afford

OMG GUYS.  Look at these pants.  THEY HAVE TREES ON THEM. Trees. On the pants. I found these cuties on Fashionista, they're from the upcoming Kate Spade offshoot Saturday's fall collection, and I want them.

I want them, but I cannot have them, because even though 100+ dollars is reasonable to spend on, like, everyday jeans, I can't just go buying tree pants willy nilly, I have to wear regular clothes sometimes. (Full disclosure: right now I am wearing a muumuu).

Back to tree pants.  I couldn't have trees on my paints, so I put trees on my nails.



I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out. Next, I painted little lines for the tree trunks using toothpicks dipped in Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Commander In Chic.  I then blobbed on some leaves (again with toothpicks) in Revlon Minted, OPI Did It On 'Em, and my trusty green Color Club Art Club Striper (I didn't use a toothpick for the striper polish).


"Wait," you say, "what do those nails look like when you are clutching a piece of moss?" I thought you'd never ask.


Pants + trees = tree pants.  Trees + nails = tree nails.  Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment