Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On the Dot: Dotted Half-Circles



Arden:  Goodness, I had a hard time figuring out what to name this manicure!  Curved dotted lines?  Funky dot pattern?  I guess dotted half-circles it is!

I started by painting my nails Essie Mint Candy Apple (one of my favorite light green shades!).

So pretty!
Then I dotted on large dots using the largest end of my dotting tool in Zoya Mira.  I tried to dot them in two opposing half-circle patterns.  Some of them turned out better than others.

Please excuse the smudged dot on my pinky.  I have no idea how I missed that!

Then I used a small wall nail to make tiny dots in concentric half-circles.  I used Essie Fear or Desire for those smaller half-circles.




I had been pretty excited about the idea for this manicure, and then I ended up being kinda disappointed with it afterward.  I dunno what it was, it just wasn't as cool as I'd hoped it would be.  My boyfriend told me the color pattern reminded him of the now-defunct Charlotte Hornets, so I guess that was something at least?


I'll try to do better with my next dotted manicure-- check back to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment