Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rainbow Vertical Gradient Nails



Arden: I've seen a couple of iterations of rainbow nails on the internet the last several weeks, so I decided to finally try it myself!  For mine, I did a vertical gradient, so instead of sponging on colors from the tip to the base of the nail, I sponged them on from left to right.


I used three colors on each nail: a darker shade of color A, a lighter shade of color A, and then a darker shade of color B (with the colors going in the order of the rainbow, ROYGBIV).  On a couple of nails I initially used four colors (adding a lighter shade of color B), but that didn't really look good, so I ultimately just used 3 colors on each nail.


I used A TON of colors in this manicure!  Here they are (in pictorial and list form):
Cover Girl Boundless Color Fuschia Girl Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pink Blink
Essie Fear or Desire
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening
Essie Navigate Her
Sinful Colors Rise and Shine
Essie Bikini So Teeny
Essie Butler Please
L'Oreal Royalty Reinvented
Zoya Mira


I think if I were to try them again, I would only do two colors per nail. When I try them again, I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment