Monday, May 27, 2013

NOTD: Neutral to Bright Gradient


Hey y'all! It's Lisl.  Today I'm showing a super simple and easy gradient manicure. I was hunting around on Pinterest last night for future inspiration for "I Can't Afford That" feature and noticed a lot of people had been pairing neutrals with neons.  I don't have any neon neon polishes, but I have plenty of bright ones, and thus this manicure was born.




I started out with two coats of Sally Hansen Commander in Chic (which, by the by, was the nail polish I used for my first ever swatch back when, apparently, I could only position my hands into dinosaur claw shapes).

I sponged on the gradient, using Zoya Kara for the tips, following Arden's gradient tutorial.  Then, I topped it off with Essie's Matte About You topcoat.  I'm obsessed with mattifying everything now, by the way, trying to limit myself but it is just so hard! Matte is so fun!


I'm still not quite talented enough to get really smooth gradients, and I think that the matte topcoat actually brings out the imperfections a little more (or I am making excuses for myself, whatever), but I still like it!  Do you guys have any neutral/bright color combinations you love? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment